Chris Connor April 19 2012 03:39:11 AMReaching out to the community as I am looking to canvass opinion on the best options for a project I am considering. Preference of technology is XPages. This fits with my clients ambitions and skills although they have some experience in Spring MVC and Websphere Portal (options that I can help with too).
Keen on the idea of a hybrid option with XPages. By that I mean
NSF / Domino
1. Workflow support (using standard Java OSGI libraries we have developed)
2. Rapid Application Development
3. Flexible Data Storage for Forms type processes
4. Built in Domino Data / Security
1. Best for storing transactional type data
2. Good for storing / working with data that relies on relationships
3. Good at handling large volumes of data
To me a hybrid model with XPages makes sense.For this piece I see there being a few options
1. Use the new Extension Library tools made available via the extension library
2. Use JDBC to process the data (not great option - memory leaks, boilerplate code etc)
3. Explore the use of Hibernate (not really a "supported" configuration)
Reporting being a key part of this can be handled over NSF and / or RDBMS with the traditional "servlet" type approach in XPages, Spring MVC or Websphere Portal. This means pushing the output to Excel / PDF.
Or do we look at another platform? Spring MVC / Websphere Portal (the technologies of choice).
Appreciate your thoughts / comments and experiences!
- Comments